Education and Curriculum
Our priority within The Sovereign Trust is to ensure that all our pupils achieve their personal best in everything they do.
We have high expectations of all our children and staff. We embrace the differences that we all have and, for our children, we adapt our approaches and environment, we differentiate the curriculum and we celebrate the smallest achievements.
Our academies focus on the personalised learning and developmental needs of every pupil. Class groups are small, between 6 -10 depending on their individual learning and developmental needs.
Our Education Principles
Although the curriculum and teaching styles vary to meet the individual needs of each learner, all of The Sovereign Trust schools follow the same guiding principles:
- Our curriculum is designed to ensure a breadth and balance of learning takes place
- All staff have high expectations of pupils’ abilities
- Our parents & carers are integral partners in education
- All pupils require a personalised education plan
- Lesson plans are developed to suit pupils’ learning ability, their age, and the session’s content
- Teaching styles vary to meet pupils’ preferred way of learning (incl. play, structured sessions, practical tasks)
- Therapy programmes are integrated into our classrooms
- Careful monitoring of achievement encourages pupils to achieve their personal best